Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Tapper: Where Everybody Kicks Your Ass

I have officially deemed today "UBERDORK" day, where I will post about nothing but incredibly geeky things like zombies and videogames. Ignore my two non-dorky postings. The Onion AV Club proves that I am not, in fact, crazy. For ages I have mentioned this game, the game Tapper only to have people pull funny faces, say they have no idea what I'm talking about, and doubt that this game could've ever existed given its wildly strange premise. AV Club's section, "Games of Our Lives" revisits it this week, and proves to the naysayers and myself that I am not the only one who played this. This is, in fact, the best description of Tapper I've ever seen:

"A steady stream of surly drunks need beer, and they need it now. If they make it to the end of the bar before you've quenched their thirst, they'll kick your ass. If you drop one of their empty glasses on the ground, your boss will fire you. Clearly, bartending is not as easy as Cheers would have you believe."

It was also, honestly, one of the hardest games ever. Aside: In case you were wondering, all of "Games of Our Lives" segments in AV Club are written by a Mr. Wil Wheaton. Name sound familiar? Guess he had to do something on the set of Star Trek.