Tuesday, February 07, 2006

MoveOn to Somewhere Else

You may know that I oppose the excessive grabs at executive power that President Bush has undertaken recently. But I want to be clear that I also oppose the inflated rhetoric coming from the far left. I can’t pinpoint when it started, and I am afraid it might not go away, but it seems like every time we have a legitimate criticism of Bush administration policy, someone from the far left goes overboard and kills any hope of swinging public support to our side.

The latest TV commercial by the geniuses at MoveOn is doing it again. By comparing Bush to Nixon, the advertisement loses all credibility and makes any criticism of NSA domestic spying seem equally trite. That type of commercial only appeals to the liberal whack-jobs that currently support them and does nothing to gain new converts. The ad is counter-productive - but the self-righteous MoveOn group is too oblivious to notice something like that.