Thursday, March 16, 2006

Jim Moran Just Said Something Crazy

Though this time it wasn't racist. Moran, my Congressman and King of Gaffes and embarassing quotes (and who I've met more times than I can remember, each time he gets this weird look like he sort of recognizes me, not realizing it's because I've shaken his hand about 30 times, but that's neither here nor there) has committed a doozy. He's said he'd like to see Gore run in 2008. There's only one person I want to see run less than Al Gore. And that's Hillary. I would even rather have a Kerry retread than Gore. But of course that's like choosing between drinking a ice cold glass of Draino or an ice cold glass of Industrial Paint Thinner. This frustrates me for a number of reasons. One of which is that Moran, as a Virginia Democrat, needs to do his sacred duty. And that's line up behind Mark Warner.